Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Death of "My Daddy"


Wow. What a day. Typing all of my emotions right now I'm hoping will somehow give me some relief. My Daddy died today. I have so many emotions spinning around in my head right now that I feel like another person. This is my first experience of [death] nearby really. It's like it happened to someone else. Does that make sense? I don't know. I have been close to many people that lost a parent or loved one and I think I was a good friend to them during their time of bereavement but I just feel all by myself today. Brian (my wonderful Husband) has lost both his Mother and Father in the past 5 years...............now I understand. It makes alot somewhat clear to me in a weird way about judging people. I can honestly say that you just don't know what you will do or how you will feel until it happens to you. Bizarre. My Dad was asleep when his soul escaped today. I'm glad for him. He just drifted off into a {nappy} we like to call it and woke up with Jesus. I wonder............................will he be able to play his Steel-Guitar in Heaven? I hope so. Alot of angels will be entertained. I can just see it..............Go with me for a minute if you will.........Knee slappin', dancin', singin'..............all to the tunes played by Daddy's magical fingertips on some strings. Funny. Sweet..................I miss my Dad. :( I am thankful that today when I received that ever so unpleasant phonecall that I was a Christian. I have the Holy Spirit to comfort me and my sweet family. I'm sad for those that don't. To you Daddy..............May we be joined together again one day with music playing and the sweet smell of Pumpkin Pie. I love you always.........................Love Dimple Doll

2 comments:

Sonya @ Balentine Bliss said...

Hey, M - I am praying for you, girl. Love you!

Chip & Gina said...

So sorry Melissa. Our prayers are with you.